Control and New propulsion modes applied to automotive performance research and development
d’ingénieurs de Metz
Sept. 2024 to
Claude Rouelle and
You are ready for this new field in vehicle development?
The motor racing industry needs qualified engineers specifically prepared to work with the control and usage of new propulsion systems. The Vehicle Dynamics University Diploma offered by the Metz National Engineering School responds to this demand by offering training that aims to acquire high-level skills and expertise in the field of motorsport.
Co-built with partners from the motorsport sector, this DU® (Diplôme Universitaire) trains in the theoretical and practical aspects of vehicle dynamics, simulation methodologies, modeling, data analysis, and test validation as well as modes of future propulsion systems such as fuel cells and hydrogen.
The DU is offered to students and professionals who can demonstrate strong knowledge and successful experience outside of their course (such as, but not limited to, participation in racing or rally activities, Formula student,…) and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills that will enable them to effectively perform engineering tasks in the racing and/or passenger car industry.
Who is this diplôme aimed for?
If you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of higher education or an equivalent level of professional experience is required.
- Have completed a Bac +4 course and possess at least 1 year of professional experience.
What you will learn from the specialists
VEHICLE DYNAMICS - 200h
- Performances Criteria
- Load transfer and pneunatics
- Kinematics and Complaince
- Transmission and differentials
- Simulation, simulation validation
- Car and driver data analysis with KPI
- Team interaction
- Workshop and on-track work organization
- Steady state and transient veicle behavior
- Vertical, lateral and longitudinal stiffness and damping
NEW PROPULSION SYSTEMS - 80h
- Electric motors
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
MATHEMATICAL MODELS AND MANAGEMENT - 156h
- Object orienting programming: Python and C++
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Project Management
WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENT - 6 months
For 45 years, Claude Rouelle has become a reference in the field of vehicle dynamics and race car engineering, drawing on years of work in the World Touring Car, Formula and Formula 2, Indycar, Nascar, World Rally Car, Formula 1 championship, and the passenger car industry.
He created OptimumG in 1997 and has since devoted himself solely to training, simulation, in-lab and on-track tests and consulting
1st payment: €5,000 from the start of the school year + a payment schedule may be proposed to finance the rest of the value
Starting date and duration
The training will take place from September 1, 2024 to August 31, 2025:
– From September 1, 2024 to January 31, 2025: educational sequence of 436 hours of lessons at ENIM.
– From February 1, 2025 to July 31, 2025: company internship
École nationale d’ingénieurs de Metz
All the classes will be in English
A maximum of 24 students allowed
Information about recruitment
– January 15, 2024 to March 19, 2024: Posting online on the ENIM website of the registration file
– March 29, 2024: Deadline for returning applications on paper files, to be sent to ENIM
– April 16, 2024: Recruitment jury interview
Registration of students with payment of the UL registration fees (243 euros) and the student cost for training of 12,000 euros.
Ready to start your journey?
Fill the form bellow to start your registration!