Denver, CO, USA or Lisbon, Portugal
Job Type: Full Time
Our Windows-based desktop software suite is world-renowned. OptimumDynamics, OptimumKinematics, OptimumTire, and OptimumLap help automotive companies and racing teams design and optimize their vehicles in a user-friendly and intuitive manner, while at the same time providing powerful analysis tools.
- Developing Windows-based desktop applications using .NET technologies
- Conceptualizing, designing, and implementing back-end software components
- Organizing and preparing software development plans
- Simulation and solver implementation for vehicle dynamics simulation
- Vehicle and related components mathematical modeling
- Debugging and fixing problems
- Performing customer support tasks
- Listening to customer needs and creating a development plan in order to implement new features
Tasks and responsibilities may vary according to projects. Flexibility to face different challenges is required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline
- Three to five years of experience in software development
- Proactive and capable of working with little guidance
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Excellent oral and written English communication
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge and experience
- Experience in back-end software development (solver)
- Experience with .NET Framework (C#, C++, VB.NET)
- Understanding and experience with modeling of mechanical systems
- Strong background in mathematics and physics
- Strong vehicle dynamics knowledge
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Python, etc.
- Experience with the tools we currently use: Visual Studio, Jira, Git/version control, TeamCity, Freshdesk, Licensing Software, etc.
- Proficiency in one of the following languages would be an additional asset: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish
OptimumG also provides medical and life insurance as well as a retirement fund contribution.